Point of Care Terminals
Our Point of Care Terminal (POCT) solution enables Doctors, Nurses and Allied health staff to access medical records, RIS/PAC’s, patient care plans, record notes and observations, and other clinical resources and applications at the patient's bedside.
The all in one computer hardware is a fixed point solution mounted to an articulating arm from a wall or ceiling pole or short throw wall mount or bracket solution. Both a soft keyboard with touch enabled screen or keyboard and mouse navigation options are available. Various form factor sizes are available with the following peripherals options:
- Video Camera - can be used to conduct video conferencing and interpreting services at the bedside. The camera is also required for our “walk away” security feature, which is activated when the device is being used to access clinical systems, and auto logs out users once they leave the area.
- RFID/ IC Card Reader - HID card readers to enable two factor authentication of users and single sign on to clinical systems.
- Barcode Scanner - a 2D barcode scanner for use in patient identification and closed loop medication systems
- Biometric Finger scanner - for secure access and authentication to all or selected clinical systems and as signature confirmation within clinical applications.
Single Sign On
A key feature of Stellar Visions POCT solution is the Single Sign On (SSO) module. A secure authenticated user login system utilising staff’s existing RFID (door access) or smart card and a user chosen PIN number to login to multiple software that requires individual or Microsoft Active Directory (AD) based authentication.
In the SSO solution, once a user is authenticated using their card and PIN, the user can access other supported software without individually logging on to them. At present the following software are supported by our SSO: Citrix Xen desktop, Citrix Xen app, VMWare, Microsoft RDS, Intersystems TrakCare and any other Web based applications that supports Security Assertion Mark-up Language (SAML).
The SSO provides the following:
- A set of daemons to manage access to remote directory services (such as, Microsoft AD or OpenLDAP) and authentication mechanisms.
- A Name Service Switch (NSS) and Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM) interface toward the system and a pluggable backend system to connect to multiple different account sources.
- Integrated security information management solution combining Linux, 389 Directory Server, MIT Kerberos, Network Time Protocol (NTP), DNS, FreeIPA (Linux Identity, Dogtag certificate system, System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) and others
- A number of compatible SSO clients.
At the heart of the Stellar SSO is the enterprise grade Linux System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) developed by Redhat. Stellar SSO is a wrapper around SSSD and several compatible clients.
Stellar Visions point of care solution can also be integrated with existing Single Sign On solutions such as Imprivata.
Identity and Access Management
Stellar Vision are a HID Global Integration Partner: https://www.hidglobal.com/partners/stellar-vision-1648
Where required our POCT deployments utilise HID Global’s Active ID (4tress) authentication and audit server. This is a state of the art authentication and auditing server seamlessly integrates with the Hospitals or LHDs Active Directory server. In this proposed solution The 4tress authentication server provides the SAML front end while the Active Directory acts as the Identity Provider (IDP) with existing web applications as Service Providers (SP). The 4tress authentication and audit server also maintains audit logs and provides front end tools to generate various reports. Each audit log entry is encrypted and stored in a database. A hash of each log entry is saved.
Meet Stellar Vision team
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Dr A Rahman
Chief Technology Officer
Client Support Manager
Our clients talk about us
Change management is central to the success of all large scale projects and new initiatives. We delayed the updating of our Patient Engagement and Entertainment system for years. The recent experience with Stellar Vision made us wish we upgraded earlier. Their platform, delivery and ongoing system support for both staff and patients is outstanding.
The degree and depth of technical knowledge at Stellar Vision sets them apart from their competitors. They are a true IT company who build and deliver their own solution, refreshing when so many suppliers are just resellers
I wish all our suppliers were as great to work with as Stellar Vision. They designed the transition out plan of the incumbent system with a focus on minimal impact to patient care. We thought the plan was ambitious given the requirement to build a full data network with endpoints to 650 beds. They handled it with ease. Five stars
You don't even know the know they entertainment system is there. This is a real positive for nursing and clinical staff, the time we use to spend helping patients with the old Hills system can now be better spent on patient care.
Stellar Visions platform enables our new mothers in maternity to watch educational videos we have produced possible. Usage data is showing a great response, feedback from the new parents is overwhelming positive.